The Dry Dock at Tooley’s Boatyard is part of the original boatyard from 1778. It is listed as Scheduled Monument 1006323 by Historic England.
The dock can be filled from the canal and emptied via a culvert which crosses beneath the canal then past The Mill Arts Centre to drain into the River Cherwell. Stop boards and waterproof sheeting are used to hold back water when the dock is empty.
In addition to its day to day use for boat maintenance, the dock is sometimes used as a performance space for Theatre in the Dock.